9.11.2006

#20: Ronnie Lott Tribute

In case you missed the introduction, for the month of September HMB is counting down the Top 30 Bay Area sports YouTube clips. It's pretty simple: one per day for the entire month, excluding the Oakland A's and Raiders because, well, we don't like them and from their attendance figures, it doesn't seem that many people do either.
I wanted to look crazy. I wanted people to feel that I was gonna try and hurt them.
There really isn't enough you can say about Ronnie Lott, but Bill Walsh, Cris Collinsworth, and some others try and squeeze their sentiments into this video. A crushing hitter with 63 career interceptions (leading the league in 1986 and 1991), Lott anchored a 49er secondary that built its reputation based on intimidation and swagger. The result? Four Super Bowls and enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Some great sound bytes in this clip, especially by Bubba Paris (with a huge smile on his face):
He hits people so hard that if somebody hit my son like that I'd probably come to the game with a shotgun and shoot him.
Yes, you read that correctly. And I'm not sure what the rest of Paris's kids look like, but if they take after him like daughter Courtney does, then I'm not even sure Lott could hit the Paris progeny that hard.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home